For learning a student is effective and can assimilate the knowledge in the best way, it is advisable to employ a technique of study , ie a useful strategy to achieve good academic results and at the same time learn .
Essential aspects in study techniques
Some techniques are based on a concentrated reading that allows to retain as much information as possible .
For the study of certain subjects, the essential element is memory, as some techniques are based on certain mental strategies to assimilate knowledge, for example, the use of mnemotechnical rules.
There are study strategies based on the understanding of knowledge and, for this, mental maps can be useful, which allow establishing relationships between different concepts
Study habits are also essential and need to be part of any study technique.
The pedagogues consider that it is essential to learn to learn and for this to be possible it is convenient to carry out a self – assessment of the learning process . In other words, identify where you are failing so you can improve.
Explain to someone what you are studying
Among the many possible variants, there is one type of study technique that can be very effective and consists of explaining to another person what has been learned. If the receiver understands the explanations, it can be said that the matter studied was understood correctly.
Typical Learning Mistakes
1) Do not use any study technique and focus only on reading the material;
2) Study with elements that favor distraction, especially the cell phone;
3) Using an incorrect body position;
4) Make use of inappropriate light;
5) Not paying attention in class;
6) Try to learn the subject one day before the exam;
7) Not properly organizing the time devoted to study.