What is Early Childhood Education definition/concept
The term early childhood education refers to a stage of basic education aimed at the initial process of socialization of children (up to 5 years of age). This activity is carried out in specialized educational institutions known under various names: kindergarten, nursery, nursery or preschool.
Early childhood education is part of a social context that has two fundamental axes: the general incorporation of women into the world of work and the consequent need to delegate the care of children, on the other hand, the importance of education in relation to the first stages of development human.
The child population receiving this type of education is divided into two age groups: children aged 0 to 3 years in day care centers, and children aged 4 and 5 years in preschools. Early Childhood Education
The socialization of these children is focused on strategies that depend on a series of specific academic knowledge: evolutionary psychology , health education, artistic education, physical education , socialization, in addition to a non-academic element that is essential: the empathy of professionals with these minors . Teacher training also incorporates study materials such as music, game methodology and literacy techniques.
What are the activities carried out by these children in schools?
- – Learn to socialize with other children through games, as well as a playful and participative environment;
- – Develop manual skills; Early Childhood Education
- – Familiarize yourself with your own body and the environment in which they live;
- – Learn to interact with everyday objects around them;
- -Develop language skills , eg start literacy.
- -Incorporate some social habits such as learning to listen, respond and stay seated.
- -Learn some social values such as the need to divide, reject violent attitudes, among others.
Games, pedagogical model and social inclusion
Any activity performed by a child in a kindergarten school must be governed by a playful sense, for this it is extremely necessary that the child understand the different activities in the form of a game. Early Childhood Education
Another key element of this educational stage is the pedagogical model to be applied. Currently, the most common trend is an inclusive pedagogy based on inclusion and respect for social, economic and cultural diversity.
Social inclusion in early childhood education is a tool that serves to promote equal opportunities, coexistence and solidarity.