Automation is nothing more than making use of technologies to streamline company processes. HR , even with its more strategic role , still has procedures that are often bureaucratic in its day-to-day. Faced with this reality, many demands were automated. In this article we will explain you about Automation in HR.
As a result, professionals in the sector gained more time and reduced the chances of errors in manual processes.
Consequently, there is more time to dedicate to strategies that offer well-being to employees, thus retaining more talent .
HR process automation uses technology to replace manual tasks. In the past, job applications printed on paper and complex paperwork filled cabinets and filing cabinets. Companies are now replacing these physical systems with digital processes, moving everything to the cloud.
Why invest in HR automation?
Automating processes can be an alternative for companies looking to reduce their financial losses. The HR sector is responsible for a series of daily activities that demand time and concentration , making the machines responsible for these operational exercises makes the employee shift his intellectual and creative capacity to other activities.
By offering the possibility of analyzing data and making action plans for improvements and development, HR automation allows employees in the sector to act as managers , really impacting the companies’ bottom line.
There are several benefits to relying on process automation, such as:
Organize a selection process while planning training, to later close the payroll. Schedules like this are common in the routine of many HR professionals.
That’s a lot of responsibility for a short space of time. With the growth and transformation of the sector , there is an increasing need to optimize work, and automation is a great ally in this process.
With the right tools, it is possible to perform tasks more quickly and create a more productive work routine . This allows the sector to be more strategic and efficient, gaining more time for each activity.
The human resources professional is one of the most important within the company. This is because the processes performed by it can directly affect the productivity of the entire organization . Therefore, one way to ensure growth is to reduce the possibility of human failure.
The use of manual and repetitive methodologies depends on many variables to be successful. Some of them are extremely subjective. The automation of work takes the weight of this responsibility away from the professional and allows him to assume a more monitoring-oriented role.
Makes the team more effective
Faced with the word automation, there is a common fear among employees working in the sector. But it is important to clarify that this process does not replace , it only shifts people to more strategic functions.
Automating a selection process, for example, requires planning that only an employee with a deep understanding of the company’s internal policy can have. HR automation just puts the right people in the right positions for them .
Advantages of HR Process Automation
With technology having a major impact on HR routines, the benefits were numerous. From time optimization to lower incidence of rework and errors.
After knowing what process automation is , let’s now know what are these advantages of automating HR processes .
1. Time optimization
One of the main benefits of HR process automation is the possibility of offering speed in the execution of tasks with the optimization of time .
And when we talk about process automation, time is one of the most crucial points . Currently, companies that manage to optimize their time stand out in the market. This is because they have greater control over the processes and are easier to monitor the execution of tasks closely.
And this optimization can be done when searching for a document, using cloud storage services such as Dropbox , Google Drive and etc. Or even with management and integration tools like Runrun.it or payslips like Xerpa’s software .
Each such choice optimizes HR’s time, which can be devoted to more strategic issues, streamlining the bureaucratic part, which becomes more automated.
2. Lower incidence of errors
In addition to knowing ways to automate HR processes , the company must realize the role of technology in reducing errors . That’s because with manual work the details can go unnoticed.
The automated system offers greater scope and management control , mainly facilitating tasks considered repetitive. Since when the process is manual and repetitive, the loss of concentration is recurrent, causing many failures.
And these mistakes cause loss of time, productivity and, consequently, money . As small as the error is, the work is affected when it happens. Therefore, in HR process automation, control is more precise and operation is more effective.
3. Ease of data analysis
Ease of data analysis is one of the benefits for companies that use HR process automation in their daily lives.
Not to mention that automation often offers a diagnosis of the work and a mapping of the tasks performed . Whether with hours spent performing the work, performance evaluations, etc.
They also offer real-time data, so that the manager can have greater management control , allowing adjustments throughout the tasks and readjustment of the work.
4. Redirection of team efforts
With the possibility of expanding the managerial scope of tasks, managers have greater control over the team , automating HR processes . Thus, it is possible to redirect efforts, according to the data offered by automation.
Mapping allows you to diagnose errors and successes in real time, offering possibilities to solve problems or even eradicate them. Therefore, knowing and using HR process automation to improve company performance is critical .
Real-life examples of HR task automation
Technology offers endless possibilities for automating HR processes. Jotform can help you by providing templates for a variety of HR tasks:
- Recruitment. Attracting the right candidates is a crucial aspect of staffing, which is why systematic recruitment is a key responsibility of the HR department. Digital forms help to develop and implement a consolidated recruitment process . Hiring managers can utilize tools such as the recruitment requisition form and the employee application form .
- Integration. Creating an employee onboarding form is a smart way to ensure new hires receive everything they need to succeed in their new work environment, such as a copy of the employee handbook. This integration system can include documents relevant to tasks and workflows. It helps integrate crucial onboarding activities like security training, background checks and more.
- Employee personal data. Collecting data from new hires is one of the first steps in onboarding new employees. These online forms for new hires help centralize the collection of any necessary data.
- Time sheets. Track and record your employees’ hours and consolidate this information into a spreadsheet for simplified analysis. These time recording forms can help you manage your payroll.
- Work periods. Scheduling and tracking your employees’ shifts is essential to ensuring proper staffing throughout the day. This template for employee allocation makes it easy to see the employees scheduled to work in a given period. Integrate a shift request form to meet the changing needs of your people.
- Performance evaluation. Performance management and constant feedback help employees thrive and grow in their roles. Use this benchmarking guide to create an effective performance review process. Evaluation forms help evaluators follow a formalized schedule and collect their employees’ self-ratings as well as feedback from their managers.
- shutdown. Gathering information when an employee leaves the company is essential in identifying opportunities for improvement. Systemize this process using a termination form as well as an employee feedback form.
- Break tracking. The HR department is responsible for overseeing the time off/leave of its employees, whether it is sick leave or vacation. A spreadsheet for tracking vacation/leave can speed up this system by consolidating requests and lost hours into a custom spreadsheet.
- Spending. Want to know where your money is flowing? A expense reimbursement form makes it easy to record transactions and manage your budget. Mathematical calculations are built into the model to give you information about your spending and cash flow in real time.
- Training records. A checklist for employee training can help you streamline a new hire’s first few weeks on the job. Build these forms to include essential training activities that every employee needs to complete. Instructors can record their progress throughout the training period.
What processes can be automated?
Recruitment and selection
This is one of the most time-consuming processes of an HR professional. Bringing new professionals into the company requires caution and planning , as well as effective communication with other sectors.
However, with the definition of a standardized workflow, it is possible to use technology to your advantage. Nowadays, there are softwares that make it possible to find , contact and even do an initial screening over the internet. Even sending feedback to candidates can be automated.
In this case, automation makes it possible to expand communication channels and the speed with which messages reach their respective recipients, in addition to monitoring the impact.
Making payments is the activity that most generates charges for the HR sector. Therefore, this activity is one of the tasks that benefit most from automation. In addition to reducing the possibility of errors , the software helps the professional to meet deadlines and render accounts.
The dismissal of employees is always a delicate process, which requires sensitivity on the part of the professional. However, it also involves a lot of bureaucratic details that don’t need to be done manually.
There are many documents, complex financial transactions and tight deadlines to meet. Aware of the internal policy and legal procedures related to the matter , it is possible to apply tools that provide agility and practicality in the conduct of this process.
Using the right automation tools not only allows for greater organization in storage, but also makes it easier to locate this data later .
These are just some of the activities that can benefit from HR automation. The replacement of manual processes with automatic ones is just one of the many trends for the future of the sector.
Another good example of the possibility offered by technology is the use of People Analytics , that is, the collection and analysis of data about employees. This feature allows an analysis of the behavioral profile of the entire team , making it possible to form high performance teams.