A noun is a grammatical category or word class that is used to name an object or subject . Formerly the noun was assigned as a name, since it names objects, people , places, feelings, animals and other beings. Eg Juan , car , house . Nouns examples
The noun, in turn, can be classified according to the things it names. First, the nouns are divided into:
Types of nouns
Own / common
- Proper nouns . They designate unique entities and such entities can be people, animals, countries, cities, rivers, institutions. For example: Juan, Manuel, Buenos Aires, Brazil.
- Common nouns . They refer to things in general, which are not owned by anyone and that do not refer to a specific member within a community. That is, they serve to identify things, but in a generic way. For example: vase, ant, castle. Nouns examples
Concrete / abstract
- Concrete nouns . They name a material element, tangible and perceptible with the senses. For example: car, shelf, dog.
- Abstract nouns . They name non-tangible elements, such as feelings, emotions or ideas. For example: justice, creativity.
Collective / individual
- Individual Nouns . They name individual things or goals. For example: cup, horse.
- Collective nouns . They name a set of objects or individuals, without being a plural word. For example: herd, choir, mall. Nouns examples
Examples of nouns
|carnation||piece of furniture||tulip|