Jealousy is a manifestation of insecurity that arises from the fear of losing something or someone in a unique way. Jealousy is a manifestation of insecurity that arises from the fear of losing something or someone in a unique way. It is effective to deal with the various topics with which jealousy is manifested in human behavior. Therefore, we describe the different peculiarities in situations, processes and origin of this pathology. In this article we will provide you the types of jealousy.
Types of jealousy
This category of jealousy is born from observing the simplicity with which some people radiate their own light and enjoy an extraordinary talent for relating; achieve overwhelming success and popularity. Before them we feel overshadowed by the ability to obtain what costs us so much. It’s like when a new co-worker arrives and is promoted to the position we’ve been looking forward to, due to his innate knowledge and talents.
This jealousy is related to the self-esteem of each worker; in terms of his abilities and knowledge, with respect to the training or academic preparation of others. In this sense, if for example there is a vacancy in the accounting area and I, as a company worker, do not have solid knowledge in this area; I will feel jealous for my weakness, when I occupy the accounting position, another more qualified person. Consequently, you can experience a lot of frustration and job demotivation. This can generate a negative profile of our work activity before our supervisors.
When we make an effort to obtain an achievement, and indeed we achieve it; but we observe that another person achieved a similar achievement to ours, and yet continues to go further, then jealousy could be born because we do not develop that level of ambition. Therefore, the other person will surpass us, in terms of success, economic prosperity and the freedom to achieve what he wants. We censor ourselves, because we should have continued to grow and not settle. Obviously, this is a clear example of personal dissatisfaction.
concrete relationship jealousy
It manifests itself when we establish a friendly or loving relationship, and we would like to have more trust and confidentiality with that person; but there is a third person who, in our opinion, sabotages our aspirations.
Competition between siblings and adolescents occurs mostly in childhood. A typical example is the 4 or 5-year-old child, who when he has a newborn baby brother, usually cries or shows rebellion to get the attention of her mother, who should prioritize attention to the baby. It’s a typical case of child jealousy.
This type of jealousy is extremely problematic and toxic. Lethal cases occur between couples, due to jealousy between them. The cause is a great distrust towards your partner, which, if professional help is not sought with couples therapy, could cause the end of the relationship.
Keys to managing jealousy
There are many therapies and techniques to develop strengths and help overcome and manage such a negative and demoralizing feeling, such as jealousy. Some techniques can be:
1. Activate and look for options that allow you to attack the low emotions that torment you.
2. Consider using other tactics, used in past episodes.
3. Try to be discreet to avoid gossip and gossip that will increase your level of anxiety.
4. Being honest with our partner, and talking about our fears can help build trust.
5. Put into practice those gestures you made to please and share with your partner, at the beginning of the relationship.
6. Try to accept reality, based on the fact that everything has its end. Prioritize your mental and emotional tranquility, letting go of what disturbs your life so much,
7. Be very careful with the intake of some psychotropics, especially sleeping pills and liquor. Keep in mind that they can briefly ease your sorrows.
8. Try by all means to overcome the need to be in company and find space to know yourself, from self-love and forgiveness, for your weaknesses.
9. Temporarily and while you learn to manage your emotions, use tactics that allow you, for example, eat a piece of candy, sing out loud, dance, jump, while the episode passes.