The definition of Collaborative consumption is the way to sell, rent, share or give away a good or service through technological system or digital media that allow connection between different individuals, these are connected together to improve resources and promote sustainable development .
Today this system is considered very useful, because people have the opportunity to interact to create shared consumption that achieves lower prices and convenient access to goods and services.
There are different types of collaborative consumption that are used to obtain financing or products that may not be easy to acquire. In this sense, this consumption system can be classified as follows:
- Collaborative lifestyle : It refers to all types of distribution of resources from person to person, generally they are people who have common interests and who come together to make exchanges in the same locality.
- Product or service systems : It is a system that is based on sharing different resources without having to buy them.
- Redistribution markets : When a person has used a product and no longer needs it, they repair it so that another person can use it, in this way the product is more durable and costs are reduced.
This consumption system has advantages, among the most outstanding are:
- Provides social benefit : In most platforms with this system, members are placed first, unlike the market where the company and money are the boss.
- It allows saving money : This fact has allowed the development of this system and that it is of great importance, since once it is discovered, people will be faithful to this new system.
- It is participatory : Its philosophy is based on collaboration in all aspects, it allows to be part of the project, contribute and improve ideas and earn good benefits among all those who participate.
Examples of collaborative consumption
- The concept of collaborative consumption is defined as the activity where goods or services are shared and exchanged between individuals in exchange for compensation.
- It refers to individuals who share their assets after using them, to look for second-hand goods that they can exchange, lend or sell.
- It is a way that allows new ways to exchange and monetize economic goods, since they are used from reviews or valued profiles of other users.