A sentence can express an Action carried out by a Subject , and the Object on which the Action is performed can also be included .
The concept of active voice appears in the field of grammar and is linked to a way to conjugate verbs. Also known as direct voice , the active voice refers to an agent subject that executes an action. In the case of the passive voice , however, the action is suffered by the subject ( patient subject ).
The active voice is characterized by a specific order of those elements of the sentence:
Active voice: subject + verb + object
For example: My sister bought the cake.
Examples of active voice
- The children broke the glass.
- Someone stole my wallet.
- The teacher congratulates the student.
- Juan wrote the best monograph.
- Someone betrayed the assailants.
- The computer altered the files.
- Laura builds a house for her dolls.
- The State will issue new tickets.
- The police investigate a possible fraud.
- A local company built my house.
- The restaurant announced new dishes for spring.
- I sell twenty subscriptions per day.
- No one can solve this problem.
- In other times, men invited women to dance.
- Someone declared the truth.
- No one had signed the letter.
- Sooner or later, someone will find the treasure.
- He published the book two years ago.
- The fire destroyed an abandoned house.
- You better hire a professional to decorate your house.