Poetic function of language
The poetic function of language , also known as the aesthetic function, is based mainly on the form of the message , the styles used and the literary resources since the main objective of this poetic function is to give greater emphasis to the information. that is transmitted and embellish the message so that its impact is greater. Poetic function of language characteristics
In the poetic function of language, much importance is given to the form of enunciation, especially in popular formulas such as riddles or tongue twisters. Likewise, within the poetic function playful elements are included to give more weight to the language.
This type of function is usually used mainly in literature , both in written literature and in popular literature. But in what ways do we find this function? The novel, the story, the poetry, the fables, the legends, the sayings or the riddles are some of the examples where we can find this type of function of the language.
Characteristics of the poetic function of language
The poetic function of language has a very well defined purpose, to produce an aesthetic sensation of beauty or pleasure to the person who reads or listens to the message. That is why it has specific characteristics that help us identify the poetic function.
- In the poetic function of language, the main element is not only the message, but also the way in which it is communicated. That is why it is necessary to use expressions and intonations that are consistent with that function.
- The poems, dramatic texts, songs , proverbs and riddles are even some of the texts that specifically used the poetic function. However, it is not only intended for this type of text. This language function can also be used in advertising campaigns or in colloquial speech.
- The poetic function of language is used to enrich the expression of an idea.
- Adjectives and adverbs are commonly used to emphasize the message , especially when describing objects, places or people.
- Use of literary figures to give a greater verbal richness to texts and expressions.
These are the guidelines that must characterize the poetic function of language so that they truly fulfill their function. Poetic function of language characteristics
Literary figures in the poetic function of language
Within the poetic function of language, some literary figures that are used with some frequency can be highlighted:
The rest of literary figures , although they are also used, are less frequent in these types of texts.
Examples of the poetic function of language
Here are some examples of the poetic function of language so that you are even clearer when this type of language function is used.
- The stony road, annoying.
- The naughty moon watches us in the park.
- Here I am stunned by so much silence.
- In the end, the big losers are the ones who keep all the secrets.
- I would give it my all to see you smile one more time.
- He is the law. In the land of the blind, one-eyed is king.
- Tonight the moon shines high as if it were a diamond.
- To heaven begging and with the mallet giving.
- Is it true that they deal transparent cards all over the sky?
- Kiss me and you will know how important I am.
- Who kills iron, dies iron.
- Some simple things require complicated design, while complicated facts have a number of simple explanations.
- So is perseverance; even a weak drop of water pierces the stones.
- He watched the cars go by with a certain melancholy. Somehow he knew that she would never return.
- In the blacksmith’s house, a wooden knife.
- Pablito nailed a little nail, what little nail did Pablito nail?
- The early bird God helps.
- Like father Like Son.
- Better a bird in hand than a hundred flying.
- Yesterday I passed by your house, and you threw me a brick, to see if you throw me another and I build myself a castle.
- He watched the fish swim calmly, he listened in peace to the birds sing, he felt the wind blowing calmly, he thought of her without haste as he walked.
- Love is a remedy for the soul.
- Every cloud has a silver lining.
- One swallow does not make a summer.
- Works are loves, not good reasons.
- His skin is as smooth as silk. Poetic function of language characteristics
- Gold seems, silver is not, who does not know, a fool is.