Be able to
In English, this expression is used when we want to indicate that an individual can or is capable of doing something . In this article we will provide you the information about the examples of “be able to”
- You must be able to do anything for your agent.
- There’s something I might be able to do for him.
- My dream, to be able to do that much good.
- I’m never gonna be able to do this, Doc.
- We believe you may be able to do the same.
- Okay, you should be able to feel your hand again.
- Each night you should be able to extend the count.
- If so, you should be able to do this too.
- Whitney wants to be able to do whatever she wants.
- That jamming device must be able to do something else
- When did you start being able to do stuff like this?
- I’m not gonna be able to make dinner, darling.
- I just might be able to make all this stop.
Also, “be able to” may replace the terms “can” from time to time.
- She is able to speak five languages.
The difference between the two expressions is that when we use “be able to”, we are indicating disabilities or abilities that are specific , while the phrase “can” indicates skills that are acquired over time.
- He can’t drive.
- He is not able to drive.
Another detail to take into consideration is that, although “be able to” has a similar meaning to the modal auxiliary “can”, this does not mean that the term “be able to” is also, since this term can be conjugated at any time verbal .
- He is able to sing for hours.
- I was able to swim in the ocean.
- You will be able to play in two months
- Parker hasn’t been able to call her.