What is Social Justice definition/concept

State policies aimed at combating inequality and social exclusion.- Social justice is a set of policies whose mission is to resolve situations of inequality and social exclusion among a group in a given place. Its mission is to make itself present, offering services that help them to overcome or leave a situation of social vulnerability.

Each nation has statistical tools that make it possible to know the areas most sensitive and affected by the lack of social justice.

At first, a subsidy can be offered to the affected people, but it is necessary to emphasize that the ideal is to accompany this policy with another one and develop jobs, guaranteeing dignity and freedom to the individual.

Protest as a mechanism for social struggle

The most used way in the world when it comes to effecting social justice is when the State does not act as it should and thus guarantees and promotes popular protest. Usually the same is done on the streets and in public spaces in order to get an answer.

Origin of the concept

The concept of social justice emerged in the mid-nineteenth century, as a result of the need to ensure an equitable distribution of social goods, as in a society that strives for social justice, human rights must be respected and the most vulnerable social classes have opportunities to development.

Social justice is the State’s commitment to compensate for inequalities that arise in the market and in other mechanisms of society. The relevant authorities are the ones who must guarantee some issues and provide certain conditions so that this scenario that prevails social justice is a fact and that, for example, all citizens have the same possibility of developing economically, that is, that there is no few billionaires and very many poor people.

For example, let’s cite the case of Argentina, if 30% of society received a monthly salary of 400,000 pesos and the remaining 70%, in this case, there would be no social justice.

However, different currents of thought propose different alternatives when addressing this issue of social justice.

The proposals of liberalism and socialism oppose the solution

Liberalism asserts that social justice will be possible when it generates opportunities and protects private initiatives. On the other hand, socialism and most leftist proposals propose state intervention to achieve social justice. As seen, both proposals are absolutely opposite and contradictory.

In short, proposals more proposals less, the truth is that the countries that offer an excellent quality of life to their citizens are those that promote social justice and, obviously, are successful. It can be said that social justice does not mean taking from the rich and giving to the poor, unless it emphasizes the redistribution of wealth and is absolutely equitable to avoid disruption, for example, between the two social sectors. Inequality and injustice have always promoted violence and social conflicts between groups that have and do not want to lose and those that have less and want to achieve more.

International Day of Social Justice

Many international organizations and NGOs particularly address the issue of social justice, which is so boycotted by many parts of the world. Even the UN (United Nations) decided to establish the International Day of Social Justice, celebrated February 20 of each year, the date on which it intends to raise global awareness of this issue, promoting actions aimed at increasing human dignity, employment , equality , well-being and development in every way.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Check Also
Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker