How to present a company?
The “elevator pitch”, or “ elevator speech ”, is a very dynamic 2-3 minute presentation that simulates a quick meeting where the entrepreneur must be able to “sell” their idea in a clear and concise way. How to make company presentation?
In this type of hastily delivered presentation, the important thing is to get the customer’s attention, so the focus of the conversation should be on the specific benefit that your business can offer.
Do you know how to present the company to clients in an “elevator pitch” format? If not, then take a look at these tips:
1. Show what your company does to solve problems
For example: How about, on your next trip, staying in a nice house, well located, for a great price and solving all this over the internet, dealing directly with the owner?
2. Present data and facts that prove your company’s success
For example: today AirBnB is considered the biggest hosting business in the world, even though it doesn’t own any room. There are more than 150 million registered users, more than 650,000 hosts offering accommodation and 2 million people staying each day.
3. Emphasize your differentiators
For example: AirBnB helps both owners and guests to negotiate leases quickly, quickly and without bureaucracy. In addition, guests and renters evaluate each other, allowing other guests or lessors to better decide whether the lease is worth closing. How to make company presentation?
4. Repeat the main solution and invite to a meeting
7 pitch elevator techniques to present your company
- Ask a question at the beginning (such as: “do you know…?”) to assess the customer’s knowledge of the topic to be presented. So you already know where to start your speech.
- Start by talking about the opportunity you’ve identified. What gap did you see in the market and how your idea will solve/meet the need or problem.
- Don’t waste your time stating the obvious (like “water is an essential good for humanity”). Don’t waste time being redundant.
- Don’t try to explain your whole business. Just look for how to present the most important points of your company. Remember that the goal is to get the person interested in the business, and then look for more information.
- The pitch should not exceed 5 minutes , but train how to present your company with less and less time. This will strengthen your confidence and assertiveness.
- Adapt the language to the audience. If you are going to present your idea to someone in marketing, avoid financial terms, and vice versa.
- Leave your material and be available for future contacts. Give your business card and preferably an institutional folder with relevant information about your company. The printed material will help the person to fix the ideas of their presentation and better visualize the possibilities of the business, besides, of course, being able to keep their contact to facilitate a possible future transaction. How to make company presentation?
How to make a business presentation for a company?
Before we pass on our tips, here’s an important piece of advice: study your company deeply and know everything about it at the tip of your tongue.
This is a critical step for any successful business presentation. Without this knowledge, there is no way to present a company.
So, there’s nothing like presenting a company in writing to solidify these ideas in your head. Even if you are not going to send this company presentation text, this is the best way to research and gather your ideas logically and objectively on paper.
See now the tips on how to create business presentation for a company
- Rehearse before presenting;
- Upon arrival, study your audience in the opening minutes;
- Create rapport before getting into the main theme, trying to find affinities with the audience;
- But don’t dwell on this part, remember: the presentation can’t be too long;
- Pay attention to the chain of ideas: it has to have a beginning, a middle and an end;
- Don’t stall, be objective;
- Clearly show the benefits of the solution, service or product you are going to offer, not in features;
- Present data from studies, surveys and successful cases;
- Illustrate with charts, tables and infographics;
- Summarize a final summary, recapitulating what was said;
- Finish by opening for questions. How to make company presentation?
How to make a company cover letter?
A written company presentation needs to be straightforward and streamlined.
It will be easy to create yours by following these tips:
- Start by talking about the solution your company offers to the market
- Then include a mini paragraph with “bureaucratic” information
- Use subheads to make it easier to read and organize ideas
- Add testimonials from satisfied customers
- Also present a list of important and known customers
- Be sure to include facts and news about the company, as long as they are really relevant
- Don’t be too formal, create a text that’s nice to read
- The paragraphs must be short, 3 to 5 lines, maximum
- Don’t forget to close the letter highlighting the company’s main differential and requesting a personal visit
What to do in a first meeting with the customer?
1. Pay attention to your appearance. Less is more
According to a University of California study, 4 minutes is how long it takes one person to form first impressions of another — 55% of good or bad concept is based on body language, 38% depends on tone of voice and only 7% relate to what was said. How to make company presentation?
This shows how important appearance is at a business meeting. Smiling when introducing yourself, greeting firmly and maintaining a posture capable of transmitting tranquility and security are also attitudes that count.
Therefore, anything that makes the appearance sloppy or extravagant should be avoided. Women should be careful not to present themselves to customers with chipped nail polish, heavy makeup, a miniskirt and an exaggerated cleavage, for example.
You should also be careful with accessories such as huge earrings, pendants and eyeglasses frames that are too flashy.
In the case of men, it is not recommended to appear in suits that are too loose or too short and short-sleeved shirts. It’s good not to overdo the perfume too, after all, if the client is allergic, the meeting can end much earlier than expected. How to make company presentation?
2. Do your homework. search your customer
Researching as much information in advance about the customer you want to win helps make the first date more productive. Or at the very least, you avoid wasting precious time asking questions that could easily be found with a quick Google search.
But just as you shouldn’t waste time asking about subjects that can be researched in advance, it’s no use arriving at the meeting with a heap of paper just to try to impress those present and end up getting lost in so much information.
3. Don’t pretend you care about your customer. be really interested
Many entrepreneurs still believe that a good salesperson is a cute and full of gibberish type. Nothing more old-fashioned. This is a thing of the past, from a time when there were more consumers wanting to buy than companies trying to sell.
With fierce competition, customers have more options and end up buying from those who demonstrate a better understanding of their needs. It sounds obvious, but many entrepreneurs fail to show interest in consumer issues.
When introducing yourself to a client you should not talk too much and monopolize the conversation. Nor is it productive to go around dictating to a potential customer what they should do before they even listen. Barring a really important case—like an emergency—it’s also very bad to interrupt the conversation to answer your cell phone or check emails during a business meeting. This type of behavior is a typical demonstration of lack of respect for those in the meeting and should therefore be avoided as much as possible.